Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And so it begins...

It's been a little over a year since I completed the Toll House Experiment, trying 70 of Nestlé Toll House's "best-loved" cookie and bar recipes over the course of the year 2010.

Of course, things have changed since then. I graduated with my bachelor's degree last December (yeah!), and now I'm looking for a job. Two things that haven't changed? My love for baking and the simple fact that I'm still trying to navigate through this crazy world to figure out what I want to do with my life. Yeah, I'm still not sure what I want to do... But you know what? I'm hopeful that I can try a lot of different things along the way, which brings to me back to blogging.

I'm 23 years old, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. Both of us like to cook and bake. Now that I'm out of the dorm and in an apartment with my very own kitchen, it's become more convenient to cook and bake. So why not try new things? After all, it would be nice to have a collection of tried-and-true recipes to refer back to someday when I have my own home and family to care for.

My goal for this blog is simply to try new things in the kitchen, hopefully at least twice a month, and record the results. I've found a lot of recipes through Pinterest that I'd like to try, most of them from other cooking blogs. While I call my new blog "Call Me Cupcake!", the posts will not be exclusively for sweets and desserts. However, don't be surprised if there are more dessert recipes than anything else; after all, baking sweets is more my forte. <3

I already have a recipe in mind for the first official post, but until I make it, it's going to be a S-E-C-R-E-T... ;) So please stay tuned, and I hope you enjoy!

Your Cupcake,

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment