Friday, May 4, 2012

Confetti Cake Cookies

When I saw this recipe for Cake Batter Pudding Cookies, I could hardly wait to try it. Anyone who knows me probably knows how much I love confetti cake, and cookies are sort of my forte. Plus -- wait for it -- there's pudding in the mix! Cake + pudding + sprinkles = cookies? Yes, ma'am! That's everything that is good in the world mixed into one delightful recipe.

Here's what you need.

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (let it sit on the counter for a bit to soften up)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup yellow cake mix*
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Rainbow sprinkles (I didn't measure, but I probably used around 1/4-1/3 cup)


*I personally found it interesting that this recipe uses 3/4 cup of yellow cake mix rather than, say, a certain-ounce box or other package. Since it's kind of difficult to use leftover cake mix for its intended purpose, I got the smallest (and least expensive) package I know of, which is Jiffy® brand. I remember using these mixes all the time as a kid when I moved up from the Easy-Bake® Oven to the big-girl oven. =)

So, let's begin! Preheat the oven to 350ᵒF and prepare a couple of cookie sheets with either baking spray or parchment paper. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined.


Then add your package of instant vanilla pudding mix and 3/4 cup yellow cake mix. Combine well.


Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix. Meanwhile, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Once the eggs and vanilla are thoroughly incorporated into the batter, start adding the flour mixture a few spoonfuls at a time until all of the flour is mixed in. The dough will be pretty thick.


Lastly, add in some rainbow sprinkles! You can just eyeball this and add as much as or as little as you want. I'd guess I used about 1/4-1/3 cup. Mix it thoroughly so that the sprinkles are evenly distributed throughout the dough.


Roll the dough into 1-inch balls with your hands and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.


Bake at 350ᵒF for 10-12 minutes. My cookies turned a bit golden-brown. Let them cool on the pan for a bit, then move to a rack so that they can cool completely.


Mmm, these cookies are buttery and yummy, not to mention pretty!


I was not disappointed by this recipe. =) It's different, yet familiar at the same time. I only wish that the cake mix ingredient wasn't in such an oddball measure, but oh well. I've found several other cake batter-flavored recipes I'd like to try anyway! ;)

Your Cupcake,

~Jesia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment